Original Release: October 20, 2009
Directed by: Scott Mann
Written by: Gary Young, Jonathan Frank, Nick Rowntree
Produced by: Keith Bell, Glenn M. Stewart, Gina Fegan
Running Time: 97 minutes
Box Office: $493,459 (US)
Every seven years in an unsuspecting town, The Tournament takes place. A battle royale between 30 of the world's deadliest assassins. The last man standing receiving the $10,000,000 cash prize and the title of Worlds No 1, which itself carries the legendary million dollar a bullet price tag.
Kelly Hu (Lai Lai Zhen), Ian Somerhalder (Miles Slade), Liam Cunningham (Mr. Powers), Ving Rhames (Joshua Harlow), Sébastien Foucan (Anton Bogart), Scott Adkins (Yuri Petrov), Andy Nyman (Tech Eddie), Iddo Goldberg (Tech Rob), Craig Conway (Steve Tomko), John Lynch (Gene Walker), J.J. Perry (Montoya), Camilla Power (Sarah Hunter), Nick Rowntree (Eddy Cusack), Rachel Grant (Lina Sophia), Bashar Rahal (Asaf), Dustin Ingle (Bill Gaytes), Eric Macharia African (Drug lord), Malcolm Embree (William Randolph Hearst)
- High Street Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, England, UK
- Merseyside, England, UK
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Numerous problems involving production, finance (the budget ran out twice), and securing a distributor, meant the film was not released until two years after filming, in late 2009.
- Nick Rowntree, one of the 3 writers of this film, has a cameo as 'Eddy Cusak,' the assassin in the Parking Garage.
- Ian Somerhalder and Kelly Hu both play assassins in this movie. They both play vampires in The Vampire Diaries (2009).
- In a botched attempt to turn over a semi-trailer truck with an air cannon for a chase scene, a piece of iron debris flew toward the production crew and hit assistant director Shero Rauf. Shero broke both his legs in that accident, which took him almost two years to walk normally again. The accident was caught by the crew members behind the camera and it was published on the web after the release of the movie.
Father MacAvoy: Let us pray.
Father MacAvoy: God, I need a drink.
Lai Lai Zhen: You drink too much, and your eyes give you away. You damage your liver.
Father MacAvoy: That's just perfect. That's just exactly what I need. Health advice from a hit man.
Father MacAvoy: Why don't we go to the police? Eh? You and I. I mean, you acted in self-defense. I'll speak for you.
Lai Lai Zhen: Is it my accent? Do I stutter? Is that it? The people who run this, they are more powerful than the police! They will get you anywhere.
Father MacAvoy: But the bodies. People will see the bodies.
Lai Lai Zhen: There will be an explanation. It won't be the truth, but it will be what people will buy. A madman with a gun, a terrorist attack, a natural disaster, a car crash. That's how the Tournament remains a secret!
Father MacAvoy: That's insane!
Lai Lai Zhen: Don't you watch TV, Father? The whole world is insane.